Well, truth is I haven't proved it to myself either way, but so far I'm
of the opinion that I can tell the diff between the DACs I've tried out.
One is certainly flawed, or "tuned" at least to sound a particular way.
The other two the differences were ultra subtle but I do believe they
are there. I can't deny this could come down to just minor differences
in frequency response at the extremes (bass, most notably).

OK then there's the DACs in the SBT which imho can't really compete in
terms of clarity with the off board DACs I've been demoing.

This is not an exhaustive trial of the market.. nor is it particularly
scientific..

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk