Mnyb wrote:
> Interesting about the native roon bridge ( roon does squeezebox and
> Squeezelite to ).
> I've intended to try roon it has it flaws and some features that LMS
> does not have.
> I seen no software close to replace LMS roon is a contender , but wonder
> if not LMS will outlive roon too ?
>
> Is dietpi more stable than picore ? Any particular standout feature .
>
> When my PI's arrive I will dable with picore max2play and possibly
> dietpi.

I tried Roon...even paid money for it, but decided against it and got a
refund. After about a good two weeks I realized it's nothing more than a
flashy UI. It sounds the same as picoreplayer or any other
player....except a tad more low end bass imo.

Yes LMS will outlast Roon, as Roon only works with Tidal. Spotify will
never maker it to Roon if that matters to some people. But then no other
music providers are on Roon either.

Roon is also resource heavy because of all three database stuff out has
going on, so you need a pretty good PC to be the Roon Core.

Deitpi had been rock solid. I have added and removed a ton of
features/software without problems and it always works perfectly. It
cleaned up back to a basic SL player without any problems. Samba and NAS
connection works perfectly and installed in a snap. You can even tune
the OS really easy with the UI. Kernel upgrades etc all works great too.
With other players like Voluminous and Rune Audio you are stuck and
can't upgrade MPD or anything without breaking it.