I'm a great believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Ever since in my day job a Windows update destroyed an Oracle client
stack, I have been very wary of blindly accepting whatever updates
software vendors deem "useful".
(I'm sure there's a whole host of people who were not pleased when their
Win7 system automatically "updated" to Win10).

My Squeezebox Server machine is running SBS 7.6.1 (which was built in
August 2011) on an ancient version of Fedora 14.
It does everything I need, and runs flawlessly.
It never accesses the Internet and sits behind a NAT router, so there
are no security issues to worry about.
Why would I want to risk an update destabilising it?

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A