My question is aimed at those down here in the cellar that have the
ability to interpret 1s and 0s differently to everyone else because they
can apparently hear what can't possibly be there better than the rest of
us.

I will accept that my DAC and everything after that in the chain can
influence the sound I hear but not that my 1s and 0s can be affected by
factors such as whether someone else in the household is streaming
something from the internet at the same time or that what I listen to
comes from the players buffer when LMS is off. It is still 1s and 0s.

I get annoyed by the total stupidity of some people every time I venture
down here.
Not all (not you Apesbrain). Just some, but those some seem to be the
most vocal.

Michael - please blank out the elevator button for the cellar! Please.

*Vortexbox LMS 7.9 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS* iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
*Living Room* - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s - Zone 2 ->
Sony TA FE 320 -> Sennheiser RS 130 & B&W P7
*Office* - RPi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755
-> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom *Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 ->
Wharfedale Modus Cubes