Julf wrote:
> I think it is a great idea, but I doubt it will help. The reason some of
> us old farts have been exposed to that same "innocent ignorance" for a
> very long time. If you try the soft approach for 10 years, and see it
> doesn't work, you realize that you will never change the mind of the
> true believers, all you can do is show those who are undecided that not
> everybody agrees with the accepted dogma of the believers.

I don't think it's a case of trying to change the minds of the "true
believers", it's more a case of bashing moles; there's new moles to be
bashed. Such is life. You can't provide one great lesson one day in 1992
and expect everyone, everywhere to have learned from it. Believe me,
I've been an escalation point for an outsourced technical organisation..
There's new moles to be bashed on a regular basis. It gets annoying, but
ranting doesn't help.

And the in-jokes and sarcastic comments don't even help to educate those
who are idle observers, they just show that people can be a bit
unpleasant.