darrenyeats wrote:
> In theory, yes. But:
> >   >   >
  - I'm not aware of a practical way to do it - this needs an
  > enhancement to the firmware code (or for a software client, the
  > client code).
  - I'm not sure if the hardware clients would have enough processing
  > power to do this, e.g. in combination with hi-res streams
  - For me, at the server end I'm combining the processing of dithered
  > volume control with sample rate conversion (PM me for more info) - I
  > wouldn't want to split these anyway.

Just wanted the Touch to do better volume without the fuzz of volume max
settings etc. And working with the standard remote and web interface.
That would have been nice. Personally I don't need/want SRC.

//