I don't want to put anyone off and I am sorry if this is overkill or not
appropriate for the forum, but I thought it might be useful to post an
example of the DRC correction filter creation process using Acourate.
These are a few screen shots of one of the versions I did. It is for my
main speakers, without sub.

1. The measured response. (That "combing" isn't at all unusual)
23389

2. Amplitude preparation - i.e. a smoothing of the measured response.
There is a trade off - the more accurately this follows the measured
response the more restricted and narrow the listening position is.
Acourate allows you to adjust how accurately it follows the measured
response (Audiolense has 3 settings which do the same), but this is
Acourate's recommended setting - a best compromise.
23390

3. Target prepartion. This shows the target curve (in black) after I
prepared it, against the curves used to calculate the DRC filters.
23391

4. Filter generation. This is Acourate's simulation of the DRC result
with the filters it has generated for that target and the amplitude
file. It includes the target curve.
23392

|Filename: 4-simulated result 800.jpg                               |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23392|

Touch, Meridian G92, Meridian G55, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant
Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.