Golden Earring wrote:
> I am disappointed by the lack of response by most forum members to
> Arny's death.
>
> Arny may have come across as a curmudgeonly old bugger, but he was a
> knowledgeable & thoroughly decent bloke beneath the crusty exterior he
> chose to use from time to time.
>
> This forum will undoubtedly be a poorer place without him...
>
> Dave  :(

These past few weeks I have been away enjoying one of my great loves:
bicycling, this time on the beautiful island of Mallorca. While there I
was also enjoying minimal time spent on the internet, looking at email
and reading news about Trump - glorious! (Which also means that I missed
this thread until this morning.)

garym wrote:
> I learned a tremendous amount from arnyk, here and mostly at
> hydrogenaudio forum.  RIP.

+1

Perhaps what I respected most about arnyk was his willingness to speak
truth to power.

pablolie wrote:
> Bummer.
>
> I got my first SB when I was 41. I am 54 now. Wonder if these suckers
> will survive me. And if anyone in my family would know what the hell to
> do with my music setup. :-)
>
> Shall miss ya, SB bro arnyk. Hope that without physical constraints
> HDrez is now audible in all its potential glory. We'll meet you in a
> forum on the other side eventually.

I was away for two weeks and rather then use the Transporter in my BIG
rig (see signature below) and my extensive music library my wife just
used the voice controlled Amazon Echo and Amazon Music - so I fully
understand your frustration pablolie. I've only had Squeezeboxen since
2005! (50 -> 63)

Jeff07971 wrote:
> Had a few ding dongs with Arny on this and DIYAudio forums, he was
> steadfast and knowledable in his views on audio which is greatly to his
> credit
> He will be missed
>
> 'Obituary'
> (http://www.tributes.com/obituary/show/Arnold-Bernard-Krueger-106068892)
>
> RIP Arny
>
> Jeff

Thank you Jeff for the obituary link.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos