Hey! So this is a dumb question about an old product, the SB3, that I
still use. I'm running monster RCA cables out of the SB3 into the Aux
port of a Marantz 2270. I just had the Marantz recapped, and
everything's been great, until recently, I noticed a garbled static
sound emanating from the speakers. I've heard it before when there were
grounding issues with the pre/amp ports on the Marantz, the plastic part
of the port had broken and the metal connectors would make contact,
which was repaired and the sound disappeared. I have a Y-cable in the
pre-amp port, which runs to my powered HSU subwoofer. So the sub is only
receiving signal. I removed those plugs and the speakers still had
static. When I removed the RCA that connects to the SB3 from the amp the
static drops out. I tried different outlets and the garbled radio signal
was still there. It could be grounding as I live in an old house, but I
was wondering if maybe it is the SB3 power supply that's picking up
noise or the radio signal? I'm somewhat of novice here, so I hope this
makes sense :) Thanks!