JohnSwenson wrote:

> The current  implementation in Squeezelite does upsampling to the
> highest interger rate your  DAC cupports. Thus if your DAC's maximum
> rate is 192, it  will upsample to 44.1 to 176.4. If your DAC  does not
> support 176.4, you can use the -r option (or max sample rate in the gui)
> to set the max rate to 96, then squeezlite will upsample to 88.2. Even
> upsampling to 88.2 will  usually make a significant improvement. There
> has been talk about giving the upsampling more flexibility so you could
> choose 192 in this case.
> John S.

I found here some descriptions on upsampling rules using Squeezelite.
However, there is one thing I am not able to get to work as described
above.
A rule that makes Squeezelite to multiply in full numbers, only.

44.1 -> 176.4
96   ->  192
192 ->  192 (no conversion)

My DAC is able to handle up to 192 and I have Squeezelite and LMS on
pCB. - great solution :)

My current settings:
max sample rate: 176.4
upsample setting: vX::3:28:70:110:50
Result: Everything is upsampled to 176.4 by Squeezelite & 192 files are
downsampled by LMS

When I change max sample rate to 192 or blank everything is upsampled to
192.

Is Squeezlite (or LMS) able to upsample to the highest interger rate,
only?

Living Room / Hifi: piCorePlayer 4.0.0 on rPi 3B+ & Allo DigiOne & 1TB
USB (LMS 7.9.2 & Squeezelite) & Keces DC-116, Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock,
Rega DAC R, Rotel RB/RC-1070, Klipsch Forte III
Bedroom: Boom
Kitchen: Radio
Spare: SB3, Touch