brady7 wrote:
> Spotify at the highest quality is 320kbps, right? Is casting spotify
> from my iphone to a chromecast (as opposed to playing directly from
> iphone) giving me less than 320kbps? When I compare spotify via
> iphone>chromecast to cd or my own flac rips (via the same dac), the
> difference is sometimes noticeable. Obviously different masterings can
> cause this, but I'm hearing it where I think it's the same mastering.
>
> Thanks
The post below suggest a down sample to 256kb/s or less.
I did some searches long time ago and if i remember correctly, when
casting from the phone, spotify establishes a direct connection to a
chromecast device and then quality is decreased.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Chromecast-Bitrate/td-p/1511549

Can't comment how up to date this info is.

George

Transporter->Pathos Logos->Triangle Celius
Touch->Denon AVRS530BT -> Paradigm Monitor 7
2 Duets, 1 SB3, 1 Touch, 1 Radio, Transporter
OnePlus3 -> Sennheiser HD 380 Pro, NAD Viso
2 servers ->  Ubuntu Linux, NUC and Synology 1 Bay