psketch wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> I know this device has got a mention in 'this '
> (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?113591-Commercial-non-DIY-streamer-DAC-for-LMS&p=1002429&viewfull=1#post1002429)
> thread, but I thought it might be worth a discussion on its own.  I've
> owned and loved my Transporter since I bought it new in around 2008/9 -
> it's an original complete with the button and still doing sterling
> service without skipping a beat.  However, brilliant as it was for its
> time, 13 or so years is a long time in DAC land, and the lack of support
> for codecs in my main hi-def listening device is beginning to become a
> gap.
>
> I've still got a couple of Boom's going strong (and a spare one I
> cannibalize for bits) and 7 rpi's running PCP with various DAC HATs, but
> as a device, the 'Audiophonics EVO-SABRE'
> (https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/network-audio-players-raspdac/audiophonics-evo-sabre-dac-kit-diy-dac-2xes9038q2m-fully-balanced-streamer-for-raspberry-pi-4-p-14639.html)
> looks pretty interesting.  I wondered if anyone had seen and heard one?
> It's pretty well reviewed over at 'ASR'
> (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/audiophonics-evo-sabre-balanced-rpi-dac-review.15982/).
>

> I've pinged a note over to the guys at Audiophonics to see if they
> support PCP or some other squeezelite option, and what it takes to drive
> the track info on the second display.  Now, we just have to work out how
> to get it to show a VU ;-)
>
> pete S

If you are going to spend that kind of money then you might be
interested in a Volumio Primo instead. Volumio has plugins for both LMS
and Squeezelite. It has been favourably reviewed by Darko

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* Joggler & Pi4/Khadas  -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s

*Office* Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
*Dining Room* SB Boom
*Kitchen* UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom* SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s +
Kef ceiling speakers
*Guest Room* Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS