There's a lot of audiophile nonsense about this on forums, so I'm sure
plenty of people will jump in a disagree with me. But here I go for my
honest opinion. I've read about numerous double-blind tests of listeners
NOT being able to detect differences in high quality mp3 files (usually
192kbps or better) and the lossless original.  Most of my music is in
FLAC (because why not rip to lossless if ripping).  But I've done
personal double-blind ABX tests, and rarely can find any "regular" music
files that allow me to detect any difference between lame-encoded mp3
files at 192kbps and lossless originals.  There are certain "problem"
files where I can detect differences, focusing on things like cymbols
and certain piano sounds.  I can detect differences a bit using 128kbps
mp3files, but not always.  I can almost always detect differences at
rates like 64kbps.   So bottom line, except for "expectation effects"
(You know it is supposed to sound better so it does sound better to
you), high bit-rate mp3 files are likely very good in your system and
not likely to be bested by lossless files.  That said, TIDAL will give
you millions of files to listen to. It's worth it for that reason alone.

*Home:* VBA2.5 4TB -or- rPi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter,
Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
*Cottage:* rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>foobar2000
*The Wild: *rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS &
Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin,
or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
*Files:* -Ripping-: dbpoweramp > FLAC; -Post-rip-: mp3tag, PerfectTunes,
TuneFusion; -Streaming:- Spotify