> Am 08.07.2021 um 19:05 schrieb carp
> <carp.a4h...@no-mx.forums.slimdevices.com>:
>

> can anyone recommend me a tube amp? Maybe my question is too simple...

No, its not to simple. But we all do not know what sounds good to you and
therefore the best would be if you go to one or more dealer and listen to
different tube amps. Or even better, ask your dealers to get different tube amp
models for some days and test them at home in your known listening environment
and oyur speakers and without stress.

> I would like to connect a Squeezebox to it, maybe a turn table, too. I
> do not want to spend more than 2000 euros/dollars and it should be a
> single device (not a pre-amp/amp combination). My speakers are a pair of
> Tannoy D100.

I’ve looked around the net and for  your speakers a amp wit at least 30W is
recommended. Many tube amps to not have that much power ;-). So take care that
the amp has enough power but its not said that you need it. I depends how loud
you want to listen and how it sounds. Also this has to be tested at home with
your speakers and it is very likely that also amps with less then 30W output
will work with your speakers.

What kind of squeezebox do you like to connect? If you have a touch or a
Transporter no DAC is needed, a Classic does not have a DAC included so either
also a external DAC is needed or the amp has to be able to do digital to analog
conversion.

> Is that possible?

Yes, ofcourse!

I also use a tube amp with a external DAC and Squeeezeboxes.

Cheers,

  Schoepp