tank121 wrote:
> Currently using my faithful Squeezebox Touch linked via Coaxial into my
> Arcam SA10 amp (has built in Sabre ESS 9018 DAC)
>
> My considerations -
>
> 1) Replace my Touch with a 2nd hand Transporter to take advantage of
> it’s onboard DAC
> 2) Replace the Touch with a Cambridge Audio CXN V2 for it’s onboard
> DAC’s
> 3) Purchase an external DAC, something that doesn’t use the Sabre DAC
> range.
>
> Any other suggestions are most welcome.
>
> TIA

I recently replaced my Khadas tone board with a Chord Qutest
https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/qutest and am very pleased with
it - I have a CXN 2 which is also very good , I can choose whether to
play using the CXN directly into my amp or to pipe it through the Qutest
- to be honest they are both so good I can't tell the difference

We can't stop here this is bat country. RIP Hunter S Thompson.

Intel NUC i5 Debian 16gb RAM 1TB SSD -> LMS -> Chord Qutest DAC /
Cambridge Audio CXN V2 -> Meridian 551 -> Monitor Audio Gold -> Me