iansr wrote:
> Based on a quick bit of research it looks like Inguz only works on 2
> channels.  I need to apply filters for at least 6 channels, possibly 8.
LMS internally only deal with 2 channels.
For any special audioprocessing - usually it is done by transcoding with
Flac in and Flac out as that is the only way for it to happens within
LMS.

However, within LMS it is the player which decode the audio stream data
into playable audio samples, and now that players such a PI have
reasonable processing power  - it makes more sense to do any audio
processing on the player.

The simplest approach is likely to be some sort of ALSA based module as
there are altrweady generics (i.e. non LMS) examples audio processing
and equalising. ALSA can also deal with multi channel.

A similar question was before about CamillaDSP
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?113712-CamillaDSP  and
therer is apost about how to route ALSA audio through CamilaDSP
https://henquist.github.io/0.6.2/backend_alsa.html