Hello,

my setup is following:

mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/  # to mount vfat on /mnt/
mount.posixovl /mnt/   # to overmount vfat in order to support links
mount -t aufs -o br:/mnt=rw aufs /union

Aufs reports
aufs test_add:378:busybox[2922]: no existence /mnt

As I can read aufs/branch.c, line 377, there is a test if inode->i_nlink
... nevertheless 'stat /mnt' outputs Links: 4. I have no idea if this
information is relevant though :)

Should the posixovl filesystem be fixed, or should aufs be fixed?

Posixovl is a FUSE-based filesystem, source can be found here:
https://dev.computergmbh.de/svn/posixovl/trunk/

Thank you very much for answer.

Tomas M