Hello,

I have an aufs filesystem mounted with several branches and I need to
delete one branch from aufs to umount it completely.
I've done the following:

mount aufs mntaufs -t aufs -o br:mnt1=rw,mnt2=ro
mount -o remount,del:mnt1 mntaufs
umount mnt1

result: I can't umount mnt1, because device is busy. lsof gives nothing.
In some cases even after unmounting the aufs filesystem I can't umount mnt1.

If I mount all branches ro into aufs from the beginning, there are no
problems. But the following doesn't work either:

mount aufs mntaufs -t aufs -o br:mnt1=rw,mnt2=ro
mount -o remount,mod:mnt1=ro mntaufs  (or rr)
mount -o remount,del:mnt1 mntaufs
umount mnt1

dmesg shows:
aufs au_opts_verify:1332:mount[5232]: first branch should be rw,
but I don't get any error while doing the remount,del operation. I tried
to prepend a writable branch in front of mnt1 before deleting it, but no
luck either.

Any ideas or suggestions to help would be great!
I'm running a linux 2.6.32 kernel with aufs2.

K. Haselhorst

Download Intel® Parallel Studio Eval
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev