Hello Oleg,
Thanx for the report.

Oleg:
> [243074.982168] aufs au_do_pin:423:vsftpd[29191]: err 0
>
> Can this be because of high load of the server? I have a big load average
> lately, which sometimes per day grow up to 7 (it's many for 1 processor
> machine).
> I tried to update kernel with aufs. I downloaded 2.6.32.10 vanilla
> kernel and latest aufs2-32 patch with latest aufs2-utils. But errors is still
> occured. Now I have approximately 15 such errors in a day.
>
> I think this trouble is not in aufs, because during last year this server
> worked great and no hardware and software upgrades was made. But what wrong?..

The message sould be "err -16" which means EBUSY.
The tiny change made in July 2009 was incorrect and the message became
"err 0" since then, I am afraid.

Did you directly (bypassing aufs) modify any of the branches (sd?1)?
If so, the behaviour is correct. Otherwise the message might be wrong.
For the latter case, if I write a debug print patch and send you, would
you test it?

J. R. Okajima

Download Intel® Parallel Studio Eval
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev