sf...@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

> You may say "cannot remount ext3 readwrite anymore". It is related to
> my question in previous mail.

>       :::
>
> Is it due to errors=remount-ro or =continue?
> Will you run this test script on your ext3? On my system, the last
> remount,ro returns an error expectedly.

> # customize for your system
 dev=/dev/sda1
 dir=/mnt/ro_root
 f=/mnt/ro_root/fileA

> # init
 mount -o remount,rw $dir
> dd if=/dev/urandom of=$f bs=1024 count=512
> sync
> ls -li $f
 mount -o remount,ro $dir

> # simulate rsync
> fsck -nf $dev
 mount -o remount,rw $dir
> {
>       dd of=/dev/null bs=1024
>       sleep 5
> } < $f &
> sleep 1
> > $f.tmp
> mv $f.tmp $f
> lsof | fgrep $dir
 mount -o remount,ro $dir
> fsck -nf $dev
> wait

I have no sudo - I executed it as root.
This is the output of the script:
http://pastebin.com/yq7qHxkd

I think 'is busy' is not what you wanted. Should I try it again
slightly modified?

#Marcus

http://p.sf.net/sfu/intelisp-dev2dev