Hi, I'm trying to update my kernel and currently failing to build
2.6.36.3 with a git checkout from an hour ago (18th Jan 2011) of
git-standalone

I'm building into the kernel (not a module).  I don't immediately
suspect kernel .config, but abbreviated version below.  Errors on
compile are:

# make
   CHK     include/linux/version.h
   CHK     include/generated/utsrelease.h
   CALL    scripts/checksyscalls.sh
   CHK     include/generated/compile.h
   CC      fs/aufs/vfsub.o
fs/aufs/vfsub.c: In function 'vfsub_lookup_hash':
fs/aufs/vfsub.c:155: error: implicit declaration of function 'lookup_hash'
fs/aufs/vfsub.c:155: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
without a cast
fs/aufs/vfsub.c: In function 'vfsub_splice_to':
fs/aufs/vfsub.c:537: error: implicit declaration of function 'do_splice_to'
fs/aufs/vfsub.c: In function 'vfsub_splice_from':
fs/aufs/vfsub.c:549: error: implicit declaration of function
'do_splice_from'
make[2]: *** [fs/aufs/vfsub.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [fs/aufs] Error 2
make: *** [fs] Error 2

# grep AUFS .config
CONFIG_AUFS_FS=y
CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_127=y
# CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_511 is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_1023 is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_32767 is not set
CONFIG_AUFS_SBILIST=y
# CONFIG_AUFS_HNOTIFY is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_EXPORT is not set
CONFIG_AUFS_RDU=y
# CONFIG_AUFS_SP_IATTR is not set
CONFIG_AUFS_SHWH=y
# CONFIG_AUFS_BR_RAMFS is not set
CONFIG_AUFS_BR_FUSE=y
CONFIG_AUFS_POLL=y
CONFIG_AUFS_BDEV_LOOP=y
# CONFIG_AUFS_DEBUG is not set

Rough patch process (in case I'm an idiot).

git checkout origin/aufs2.1-36
cd linux-2.6.36.3
patch kbuild
patch -standalone
cp Documentation/fs/include
make

Could someone perhaps verify that they can/cant build the current git
and whether it's something on my side?

Thanks for any pointers

Ed W

http://p.sf.net/sfu/oracle-sfdevnl