Florian Klink:
> The error message also appears when both "aufs" and "loop" are compiled
> as a module.

Hmm...
I am afraid we should consider all combinations of these.
- aufs (is/is not) a module
- the source files are from (aufs3-linux/aufs3-standalone).git
  + the system when you build aufs3-standalone.git is running the
    (host/target) kernel
- loop (is/is not) a module

The current implementation (indirect "loop_backing_file" call via
symbol_get()) is a solutin for the case,
- aufs is a module
- the source files are from aufs3-standalone.git
  + the system when you build aufs3-standalone.git is running the
    host kernel
- loop is a module
In this case, the direct "loop_backing_file" call caused an error, and I
switched to the indirect call. And, yes you are right, "loop" module has
to be loaded.

I thought symbol_get() would load the necessary module on demand, but I
may be wrong. I will check the module dependency as soon as possible.

Thanks for reporting
J. R. Okajima

October Webinars: Code for Performance