Hello Haider,

"Haider Khan -X (haidekha - TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES LIMITED at Cisco)":
> -          We are using  thinking of using aufs version 1 because we are cu=
> rrently using Red Hat, CEL 5.5, Linux kernel 2.6.18.  It is the only one th=
> at is compatible.
> Please let us know of any known issues with aufs version 1 that could cause=
>  system hangs, system crashes or other such serious problems and / or show =
> stoppers.  If so then we will have to consider moving to a later Linux kern=
> el (3.x) and a later aufs version , e.g. version 3.

Hmm, 2.6.18... aufs1... Amazing...
If I remember correctly, aufs2 started (and aufs1 ended) in Jan 2009.
Honestly speaking, 2.6.18 is incredibly old version. I guess redhat
people knows lots of problems in such old kernel.

Of course there must be problems in aufs1 too. If you really want to
know the problems in aufs1, you will need to
- run "diff" between the last version of aufs1 and the first version of
  aufs2 (assuming you would you the last version of aufs1).
- run "git log aufs2-2.6.git"
- run "git log aufs3-linux.git"

Obviously the outputs will be as long as nobody wants to read.

Alternatively, it might be better to get all release-note-mails from
aufs-users ML. The output will be shorter than "git log" approach, but
it may not be clear for you that "Does this bug in aufs2-brabra affect
aufs1 too?"  To answer this question, you will need to run "git log"s
and "git diff"s.
Hmm, in my local mail archive, I have over 200 release-note-mails since
Jan 2009.

J. R. Okajima

http://p.sf.net/sfu/ExoPlatform
  • req... Haider Khan -X (haidekha - TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES LIMITED at Cisco)
    • ... sfjro