Hi Stephen,

you can use my script to create sane aufs patches.

kind regards
Phil

Am 05.01.2015 um 18:01 schrieb sf...@users.sourceforge.net:
Hello Stephen,

"sd...@uw.edu":
I'm trying to get acclimated to the required patching that is somewhat date=
d and out of sync with the current linux release 3.12.35+.   I'm using the =
latest on the REPO of AUFS 3.9, but was wondering if you can comment on pat=
        :::

I don't know why you chose aufs3.9. If you are using linux-3.12.35, why
don't you try aufs3.12.31+ branch?

Also I am unsure whether you will meet a problem or not since your kernel
source doesn't seem to be vanilla mainline.

Here is another patching method.
Some people prefers git-pull instead of patch(1). For instance,

$ cd raspberrypi/linux.git
$ git checkout raspberrypi-3.12.35
$ git remote add aufs3-linux
git://aufs.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/aufs/aufs3-linux.git
$ git pull aufs3-linux aufs3.12.31+

SO, we=92ll just assume those other headers were removed for a reason.  But=
  it is feeling like perhaps this version of the kernel already had incorpor=
ated some level of aufs.
If your base source really has an old version of aufs and you want to
try latest version of aufs, then merging by git-pull (above) will be
better.
Otherwise, if you do it by patch(1), you will need some manual work I am
afraid.

J. R. Okajima