Ritesh Raj Sarraf:
> Anyways, in the standalone tree, there are a bunch of patches with no
> order defined. Is it to assume that they can all be applied randomly ?

No.
Please refer to README file in aufs4-standalone.git.

> I think that will help increase the userbase and eventually include aufs
> mainline, or atleast part of its features into mainline overlayfs.

About overlayfs, its very basic disign policy is different from
aufs. I've discussed about it with the authour of overlayfs, and I don't
think a part of aufs features won't be merged into overlayfs.
If you know the specific part, describe it spscifically.

> I was hoping if we can have a standalone/dkms tree, which could build a
> kernel module out, easily loadable in the respective kernel ??

Patching is neccessary (by either manually or GIT), which means you will
need another kernel as long as debian kernel is unpatched.

J. R. Okajima

http://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/290420510;117567292;y