Kirill Kolyshkin:
> So yes, this is a problem with a kernel (and I confirmed it talking to
> a couple of kernel devs I know).
>
> It is probably too complicated to fix (without introducing an alternative
> kernel interface to access info mount point data, that is), so we have
> to live with it. You can easily modify my example repo and add a retry.

Thanks for your procfs-test, and I could confirm the problem with tmpfs.
So the story is
- /proc/mounts has a problem which doesn't show the entry just mounted
  successfully.
- the ideal and best solution is fixing /proc/mounts, but it seems hard.
- finally aufs-util need to consider a workaround which reads
  /proc/mounts again so that we can see the entry.

Ok, I will apply your patch and *maybe* I am going to improve it, maybe.

J. R. Okajima