Hello James,

James B:
> I fudged it make force ver.c to return 0 whatever the result of the version
> comparison is; and I got all the usual utilities built - but my question is,
> would that work? Is the aufs4.14 branch of aufs-util compatible with aufs5.3?

Currently the answer is yes.  For aufs5.x, aufs-util#aufs4.14 should be
used.  But I understand this is not straightforward and easy.  I already
created aufs4.19 branch as my development base version.  But now I am
wondering that the necessary thing might be aufs5.0 and aufs5.x-rcN
branches.
I will do that in a week or two.  The aufs-util code essentially won't
change.  Just the version checking will change.

J. R. Okajima