On 10/19/2009 07:02 PM, Laszlo Papp wrote:
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:11 AM, Callan Barrett<wizzomafi...@gmail.com>wrote:

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 3:52 AM, Laszlo Papp<djsz...@archlinux.us>  wrote:
I think AUR2 would be just a temporary solution for our final purposes. I
started to plan/design quite a few weeks ago the new AUR generation with
Louipc, and we think of an absolutely new implementation/idea. We would
like
for AUR to be a command-line based application like pacman. Well, I'd
like
to see a more robust, and efficient impelementation of it, not a web
based
application.

We started to redesign PKGINFO related things:
http://louipc.mine.nu/arch/Step-1-PKGINFO-in-srctargz

You can see here the state of it here:

http://git.berlios.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=aurman;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master
Here is the mailing list:

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp

I don't think I follow. Is this a client to the current AUR or some
sort of server for clients?

--
Callan Barrett

It will be a client at this momment for current AUR, but we plan to
implement a full backend,api,front for the AUR and package management. It's
not a small work for me/us, so be patient, but as I guess the AUR web
application/server/backend can be changed for a command line tool, because I
like it as I like AUR installer, vim and other command line application.
  I tried/try to be close to the pacman source codebase, if someone would
like to contribute and know the source of pacman, he/she can do it easier,
but I'm not a good programmer like Xavier and Dan now :P

Btw, any opinion/suggestion would be nice or this:
http://louipc.mine.nu/arch/Step-1-PKGINFO-in-srctargz

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp
I think this is a great thing and once we're able to build this backend and api, I would love to see another webapp be put up. I would definitely enjoy being able to use the command-line and a webapp to manage AUR packages (both as a user and maintainer). I'm not too familiar with the pacman code, but I'll help out where I can. I've also joined the aurman mailing list. I saw the aurman stub in the Wiki. Perhaps we should point to that from the AUR2 page? I can maintain the Wiki if need be.