On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 6:22 AM, Paulo Matias <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Besides that, I really want to bring Open Sound System related packages to
> [community]. It's kinda a priority, as some users are eager for that.

I gave OSS a shot, since it's free again and it seems to be
technically superior to ALSA in many ways, but I noticed it is "a bit"
aggressive with ALSA itself... to be clear: it killed my alsa modules.
All of them. I had to reinstall the kernel to get it fixed. It's
obvious that a package conflicting with kernel26 is less than ideal. I
don't know if there's a way to prevent this behaviour, I got too upset
to check and abandoned the whole thing. Do you know if the problem
still exists? If yes, how do you plan to solve it?

Thanks,
Corrado