Daniel J Griffiths wrote:
Daenyth Blank wrote:
On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 19:40, Loui Chang <louipc....@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Apr 04, 2009 at 10:08:50PM +0200, Stefan Husmann wrote:
the voting period for Defcon has ended, and he did not get the majority of
 votes. He got four times "yes", eleven times "no" and four abstains.

 So, that is democracy, but it would be nice if there would be some
 discussion about the reasons for the failure.
I suspect that the Trusted Users in general don't really know defcon
that well, so they were reluctant to appoint him.

In addition to this, the PKGBUILDs he maintained were generally of
pretty low quality, at least from my perspective.

Took the words right outta my mouth.

I'd say this is almost entirely due to the zatoo package. It had sim-links to libraries due to soname differences making the binary blob fail. That is really bad... Given Jens was not well known to the TUs, I think this one bad package was enough for no votes.

Allan