On 25/03/10 02:06, Firmicus wrote:
On 23/03/2010 22:24, Loui Chang wrote:
On Tue 23 Mar 2010 16:51 -0400, Daenyth Blank wrote:
On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 16:43, Loui Chang<louipc....@gmail.com> wrote:
It may be possible to restore most of the old comments, but that's
something that we'd have to look into later.
What's needed for this, and what ways could someone contribute?
We need someone with a keen knowledge of mysql and encodings to be able
to restore the backed up comments properly in utf8.

I've done encoding conversions and repairs countless times (mostly using
Perl). So perhaps I could help on this... (Not today though, but
probably tomorrow). Contact me off-list and give me more detailed
instructions of what the issue is. I do have access to sigurd but I
can't look at the data right now as I am not in the mysql group.

Is there any progress on fixing this? There are a lot of packaging notes on those pages that would be a shame to lose.

Allan