On 07/06/10 01:57, Lukáš Jirkovský wrote:
Hello Allan,
I know that I'm just a regular user but I'd like to express my opinion
too. I think the transition should be done when most modules and
applications support Python 3. I'd not be surprised if the transition
of majority of modules would take several years. By that time there
may be a way how to do a dual rename.

Hi Lukas,
Can you present a technical reason against doing the renaming now? Because as far as I can see, Allan has worked out the kinks and it will actually not harm you as a regular user at all...

(unless you write personal scripts in python that you want to work with #!something on multiple distros? (then you probably want to run them in python version 2) .. I'm not sure I can think of an easy way to do that; maybe for each distro you use you could put a symlink in /usr/local/bin/python2 for example.)

-Isaac