On 11/18/10 03:30, Kaiting Chen wrote:
Can AUR helpers go into [community]? `burp` and `cower` each have over ten
votes and qualify, but I never see AUR helpers in binary form so I thought I
would ask. --Kaiting.

No.

I looked to see where this was documented on the wiki and the closest I found in a couple minutes was
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Installing_Packages_from_the_AUR
"Note: There is not and will never be an official mechanism for installing build material from UNSUPPORTED. All users should be familiar with the build process." ...being in [community] makes it too official (although this reasoning is not trivially obvious from the quote). It makes it possible to install the AUR Helper without ever having that moment of experience/familiarity using makepkg (to draw from the quote's second sentence).

-Isaac