Hi all,

This morning with the cooperation of the previous maintainer, I have adopted the out of date Oracle Instant Client packages on AUR.

I would like to change the package names however, as I believe "instantclient" is not descriptive enough. I would like to change this to "oracle-instantclient".

I have gone ahead and uploaded new/updated packages to the AUR with these new names, so I would like to request the old packages be merged into the new ones.

Would someone please be able to assist me with this merge? The new packages all start with "oracle-". Here is a list of all the old ones:

instantclient-basic
  New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57813

instantclient-jdbc
  New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57817

instantclient-odbc
  New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57816

instantclient-sdk
  New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57814

instantclient-sqlplus
  New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57815

I would also like to request the instantclient-basiclite package be deleted, as it is identical to instantclient-basic but only contains messages in English (the translations have been removed), so I don't think it is necessary to maintain separately: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16706 Anyone currently using the basiclite package can switch to oracle-instantclient-basic with no loss in functionality.

I have included some shell code in the new PKGBUILDs to help alert people to the fact that the package data files need to be downloaded separately (directly from Oracle) as they cannot be downloaded automatically. I would appreciate any feedback on whether the way I have done this is acceptable. It doesn't seem to have caused any issues with AUR.

Please let me know if you need any additional information or if there is something I have missed.

Many thanks,
Adam.