On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Philip A Reimer <antrei...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> Please merge. I renamed the package to match the name of sqlite in extra.
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mingw-w64-sqlite3
> into
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mingw-w64-sqlite
>
> -ant32
> http://amr.linuxd.org

Using the sqlite3 naming seems like asking for trouble based on how
upstream works.

> SQLite4 is an alternative, not a replacement, for SQLite3. SQLite3 is not
> going away. SQLite3 and SQLite4 will be supported in parallel. The SQLite3
> legacy will not be abandoned. SQLite3 will continue to be maintained and
> improved. But designers of new systems will now have the option to select
> SQLite4 instead of SQLite3 if desired.

I know the official repositories do this, but it doesn't work when
upstream considers new releases to be independent projects and will
continue development of the old one - even new features and
performance enhancements.

When SQLite4 is released as stable, there's going to be a problem.