Hi,

I've been reading about the upcoming AUR 4.0 with git repositories for each
package (which is very much welcome for a variety of reasons!).

I'm curious how existing packages will be handled. I already keep git repos for
my packages, so it would be nice to be able to import those directly for two
reasons:

 * To share the existing history with everyone else.
 * If packages are imported as-are into new repositories, then I can't push the
 existing repos. I'll need to create clone the AUR-generated ones, and work on
 those, loosing all my history.

Has this sort of scenario been given any thought?

Cheers and thanks for the hard work!

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera