On 2015-08-10 19:07, Damian Nowak wrote:
Well, if you need in the future, perhaps you will create a new PKGBUILD
then? Relying in unmaintained packaged will most likely give you
trouble.

I can't agree with that. If I search for something next time and it's
not in AUR4, I'd go
to AUR3, get the old PKGBUILD, update it, make sure it works, and then
upload to AUR4 so
others can use it too. Better than writing from scratch.

I agree with this. In fact, this is how I recently 'rescued' a couple
orphaned packages from aur3 before it went offline. I was very grateful
to have a working PKGBUILD to start from. In one case, it wasn't up to
date, but at least I had something to start from.

With that in mind, I think a static, read-only copy of the latest state
of AUR3 would be a valuable resource, at least for a while. It doesn't
_have_ to be permanent, does it? Maybe keep it around for a year or
two?

-- Chris