On 05-09-15 21:22, Christopher Reimer wrote:
On 05.09.2015 20:15, Johannes Löthberg wrote:
On 05/09, Christopher Reimer wrote:
Unfortunately aurweb is unable to resolve vdr-api back to the actual
vdr package.

So either it's a bug in aurweb or my construct (vdr-plugin --> vdr-api
- --> vdr) is way to complex an there's an easier approach.

It has nothing to do with being unable to. aurweb would be fully able
to. It's that that's not how provides work. This behaviour is exactly
like if you eg try doing a `pacman -Si` on the provide. Provides just
provide another name for conflict resolution, and depending on a provide
will likely never link to the package page of some random PKGBUILD that
provides it because many things could provide the same thing and it's
not a real package name.

That makes sense. But I still don't know how to depend on vdr-api with a
different pkgver than vdr itself.

As this can happen, as it happened before.

Thanks

Christopher

Ok, so a split package doesn't help because of the pkgver limitation.
The workaround (a bit ugly) is then to create a standalone dummy package for vdr-api . You give it whatever value is needed as pkgver, and make it depend on the vdr package.

LW