Florian Bruhin <m...@the-compiler.org> on Wed, 2016/06/01 12:30:
> * Christian Hesse <l...@eworm.de> [2016-06-01 12:19:28 +0200]:
> > Florian Bruhin <m...@the-compiler.org> on Wed, 2016/06/01 12:10:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > whenever I push something to the AUR since some days (even a new repo
> > > with a single commit) I get:
> > >
> > >   error: The last gc run reported the following. Please correct
> > > the root cause and remove gc.log.
> > >   Automatic cleanup will not be performed until the file is
> > > removed.
> > >
> > >   warning: There are too many unreachable loose objects; run 'git
> > > prune' to remove them.
> > >
> > > It seems to be harmless (i.e. the package is uploaded anyways), but
> > > it's kind of confusing - it seems this is something wrong on the
> > > server, and not my local git repo?
> >
> > No, it's your local repository. Just run:
> >
> > git prune
> > git gc
>
> I did, and I'm still getting the same after pushing.
>
> This happening on a fresh repo with a single commit also wouldn't make
> any sense FWIW.

I've seen this myself but did not notice it happens over and over again for
the same repository.

So yes, probably this is an issue with the remote repository. I think it is
caused by the way we use git for AUR on the server. We do not have separate
repositories per packages to share some objects.
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Best regards             my address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)