On 24-05-2019 12:31, Jagannathan Tiruvallur Eachambadi via aur-general wrote:
On 24-05-19 15:35:25 +0530, Aniket Pradhan wrote:
Hello everyone.

Just before I start, I am *NOT* referring to the base group in the main
repos.

I just adopted adwaita-qt[1] AUR package. It is a base-group which contains two sub-packages adwaita-qt4, and adwaita-qt5. Since, it is a base package, they share a common PKGBUILD, because of which adwaita-qt5's installation
requires qt4 and vice-versa as well.
I would drop the qt4 package or at least make a separate package. Qt4 packages have currently been switched to Qt5 snapshots or being dropped in the official repositories so Qt4 is not even installable without compiling it from the AUR.

Anikhet,

it looks like you should have searched for pkgbase in arch wiki.

Check https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD#pkgbase and follow the links to understand what kind of package adwaita-qt is.

I suggest you split into two separate packages, adwaita-qt5 and adwaita-qt4 or just adwaita-qt5 .

Post a fixed comment on the adwaita-qt aur page that you're separating them.

Wait a few weeks to give people the chance to switch , then submit  a deletion request for adwaita-qt .

Lone_Wolf