Am 8/08/2020 um 14:07 schrieb Christian Rebischke via aur-general:
On Sat, Aug 08, 2020 at 01:55:38AM -0500, Discussion about the Arch User
Repository (AUR) wrote:
Just to add, could one become a TU in a pseudo-anonymous way? As in, just be
known in nickname only. Or does one have to give their real name in order to
become one? Looks like everyone has their real name in the wiki. Except for
Xyne, are they a special case?

This is definitely possible. We can't check the realname anyway.
Just know, that you are more likely to get elected without being
anonymous. In the end it's still a matter of trust and I would prefer to
not having anonymous people on important positions like the devops team.
TU is maybe a different thing.

just my 2 cents

shibumi

I doubt this plays a significant role. Xyne had 0 "no" votes, for example. [1] If you're active across the internet, something like keybase is nice though. [2]

Also in any mediawiki installation, the full name is entirely optional: see "Real name is optional. If provided, it may be used to give you attribution for your work."

Alad

[1] https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2009-April/004272.html
[2] https://book.keybase.io/guides/proof-integration-guide