On 09/05/2023 21:56, paul.mirkwood wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hello,

I'm pretty new here so I hope you will forgive me if my question isn't appropriate.
Welcome,

Currently, the mangohud package is broken even though upstream has fixed the bug.
The mangohud-git package is also fine.

That's probably normal. A non -git package usually tracks a release of upstream and in this case for mangohud version 0.6.8-1. The -git packages normally track a HEAD of a develop branch (or in this case master branch). So if the issue you are referring to is fixed after they released the above version it's going to be present in the -git but not the non -git version.

You best bet is to make a comment to the maintainer in AURweb letting them know of which commit hash contains the fix for what's broken and if they are willing to back-port it.

Hope it makes sense

Cheers,

--
Leonidas Spyropoulos