Excerpts from Fabian Bornscheins mail at 23/08/11 10:04AM:
> Hey everyone!

Hey Fabian!

> Now that I'm back on Arch, I do help people on various platforms, such
> as Fedi/Mastodon, Matrix, and Telegram. You can find me using my
> 'fabiscafe' alias.

I think I have also seen some helpful comments from you on Reddit :)

> In the last 2-3 years, I've been working on another project: FCGU.
> It's an Arch Linux repo for GNOME pre-releases. I started it because
> testing GNOME pre-releases on Arch was tough, and the AUR wasn't
> suitable for something as big as GNOME. What began as a personal
> venture grew when others wanted to test it too. I reached out to find
> some people who wanted to provide mirrors, and now it's a thing! :)
> The PKGBUILDs are nowadays on Arch gitlab.

While skimming through the packages a bit I found two things:

- *rpan-studio*:
  (I saw afterwards that you wanted to drop the package[0] anyways ^^)
  - I think you could use `-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None` as per
    the cmake packaging guidelines[1] in build()
  - Currently fails to build

> So, around 2015/16-ish, I found my way back to Arch, just to jump ship
> yet again over to (oh no!) Manjaro.

> Now I hope the Manjaro stuff doesn't exclude me directly and thanks
> for reading all of this. :)

Please dont overdo the "Manjaro bad" meme ... While arch sometimes has
(had) a rocky relationship with its downstream distributions or their
userbase (especially because of the fact that support is limited to arch
only) there is nothing wrong with using them as long as its fullfills a
usecase for you.

> So, in a nutshell, I want to:
> - Offer GNOME unstable releases (beta, rc) in gnome-unstable
> - Assist in transitioning them to Arch once they become stable
>   versions

I think you could be a great addition to the team, so good luck
regarding the further application process!

cheers,
gromit

[0] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rpan-studio#comment-826926
[1]