I have no powers to decide, so take the comments as just my suggestions as far as an appropriate approach:

On 11/12/23 00:53, zoorat wrote:
1. is it ok to file deletion req for not orphan also not out of date
package ??
should i first try to contact the maintainer and
if he does not update, should i file req then ??
what if there is no way to contact him ??

Contacting the maintainer is always the best policy and give them a reasonable opportunity to cure whatever issue there is. Many who do one or a few packages are not software developers by trade and may only have limited time during a week/month to spend.

If the maintainer cannot be contacted (e-mail no longer works, not recent correspondence in the list-archives with a new e-mail, etc..), then there has to be some way to handle their packages.

A list notice of the appending deletion and an opportunity for someone else to takeover the package sounds reasonable.

2. should AUR host out-of-date but working packages ??

There is always a sliding-scale of "How out-of-date?". Is some user of the package just flagging it 10 minutes after the latest upstream change?

Is a dependency no longer supported by Arch (that's what AUR is for...)?

Some packages may not have been updated in quite a while, but may be 100% valid and still good.

This is hard to give advise on without knowing more about what you are considering "out-of-date"?

My comment to 1. would apply here too.

3. is it ok to ask people to be co-maintainer for their pkgs ??

Are you saying there is a problem with a package and you want to prod the maintainer to see if someone else could also be added as a maintainer who could fix the problem?

I think it depends on the circumstance. If you have 1. and 2. above, then I think asking to add a co-maintainer is fine.

Others who do have a position to decide will have to give you a more authoritative answer to each.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.