On 12.11.23 23:34, Jakub Klinkovský wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm sending my application to become a package maintainer,
which is kindly sponsored by Sven (svenstaro) and Frederik (freswa).

## Who I am

My name is Jakub, but I'm mostly known as Lahwaacz online. I've been an Arch
wiki admin since 2014 and also created the man.archlinux.org project.

In real life, I have scientific background and I'm interested in
programming, automation and infrastructure. I write Python, C++ and CUDA (no
Rust yet :-().

## What I want to do

I want to help with package maintenance in two general areas that are
closest to me:

1. Due to my background, I'm using many weird scientific packages (almost)
    daily, including cuda, openmpi, vtk, paraview and more. Most of these are
    notorious for breaking often and I'd have to deal with this anyway, so I
    might as well directly co-maintain them.

2. As a wiki admin I could co-maintain some wiki-related packages, both for
    users and for backend deployment. The Arch wiki is based on MediaWiki
    which is currently deployed from a single git mono-repository that
    contains all necessary extensions (either bundled or as git submodules)
    but we would like to eventually use Arch packages for MediaWiki and its
    extensions. This is a long-term goal for me, however, since I have yet to
    learn how to do PHP packaging properly...

I may find also other areas where to invest my packaging time, but overall I
imagine myself maintaining a small-ish number of packages and focusing on
quality rather than quantity.

## Disclaimers

First, I think it is fair to acknowledge that I do not plan to deal with
handling AUR requests, which is still associated to the role of a package
maintainer. Dealing with the wiki is hard and time consuming in itself and I
don't have the capacity to add another similarly exhausting responsibility.

I like Python as a language, but I dislike Python packaging and I don't see
myself maintaining many Python packages in the future. I might change my
opinion, though, since I would really love to see jupyterhub in the official
repos: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/jupyterhub

## My packages

My AUR packages: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages?SeB=m&K=lahwaacz

I also maintain an unofficial [jlk] repo which contains many other AUR
packages that I use: https://jlk.fjfi.cvut.cz/arch/repo.html

Feel free to bombard me with any questions or package reviews :-)

Best regards,
Jakub / Lahwaacz

I confirm my sponsorship.