Hey,

I fully agree with that statement. The automated checks can only go so
far.
Of course there are cases where the package has been out of date for
longer, however even in such cases the packager might have forgotten to
update the package after he got the request or there was an issue on
their side.
E.g. on case I did an update but forgot to push it.

I also noticed that more users use out-of-date flags as a way to bug the
maintainer of a package for attention.

I had a package teams-for-linux-wbunbled-electron that was simply
deleted/merged after such a request because the author of the request
didn't understood what w as in without means.

I would favor that before a request is send the user should try to send
a comment or request simply shouldn't be automatically accepted before
the user has time to reply e.g. after at least a week to reply.
Sometimes it feels like users except that there is an update at day 1.

Br,

Björn