On 1/6/24 11:36, Doug Newgard wrote:
url="httpx://wiringx.org/"
Typo

fat-fingers

pkgver() {
    cd "${srcdir}/$_gitname"
    echo $(git rev-list --count HEAD).$(git rev-parse --short HEAD)
}
This will cause problems if there is ever a release. See
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/VCS_package_guidelines#Git

If there is ever a release -- then I propose removal. Given no release and 61 forks -- looks unlikely it is moving toward a release.

    mv "$pkgdir/usr/local/"* "$pkgdir/usr"
    rm -r "$pkgdir/usr/local"
Can you not set a prefix? This step should not normally necessary.

No, unfortunately this is a limitation on how the CMakeLists.txt file was written and how the --prefix option to cmake is ignored unless it is specially provided for or one of the --package modes is called (deb or rpm, but no Arch)

$  pacman -Qpl wiringX-git-251.54030cd-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
wiringX-git/usr/sbin/
wiringX-git /usr/sbin/wiringx-blink
wiringX-git /usr/sbin/wiringx-interrupt
wiringX-git /usr/sbin/wiringx-read
You cannot install things to/usr/sbin/. This package isn't even installable
as-is, pacman will error out.

I'll have to just sed this in prepare(). Good catch!

We may also want to include the static library. Thoughts?
Why?

Addressed in response to polarian's comments. We will just leave it out and let anybody with a special need suffer through the 60 second build :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.