On 05-02-2024 03:47, Zehka wrote:
Hello everyone,
Today i noticed by chance that the aur/tor-browser package is gone and replaced by extra/torbrowser-launcher That worries me a bit because as a user of an aur helper i did either not receive or see a notice about that so i stayed on version 12.5.3-1 that was the last one on aur without noticing it was getting outdated. I just wonder if that's common practice? This case is particularly unlucky in my eyes because tor browser has a special role in the security concepts of many people and because the new package is spelled torbrowser-launcher a search in both databases with "yay tor-browser" in september only showed me the aur result. So i just wanted to ask if there is any possibility to make that transition better because i assume i'm not the only user out there who didn't notice.
Regards
Zehka

Hi, for aur pacakges that you use / are interested in you can enable per package notifications when logged into the aur.

In your "My Account" page you can select which type of notifications you want to receive globally.

Incase you want to minimize emails from aur, just enable "Notify of ownership updates" .

Lone_Wolf