On 28/05/2024 17:10, Robin Candau wrote:
On 5/20/24 11:46 AM, Giovanni Harting wrote:
Hey everyone.

Hey!

Hi Robin!

I'm hereby applying as a package maintainer,
which is kindly sponsored by David (dvzrv) and Jelle (jelly) and formally by Levente (anthraxx), for whom Jelle has taken over the sponsorship.

Thanks for your application!

Glad to be here :)

Outside of my Arch Linux involvement I work as a DevOps engineer. I can also support Arch Linux there if needed.

## Goals & Packages

I want to help with package maintenance and advance infrastructure topics with the overall goal of bringing x86_64-v3 and build automation to life, as well as helping with potential problems that may come with v3, since ALHP had plenty of those already.

Upstreaming those parts would be a really great achievement! \o/
I'd be glad seeing that becoming a thing in Arch (and help where I can).

Hope we can make it happen, not just as an RFC.

Feel free to criticise PKGBUILDs to your heart's content :) Improvement is a continuous thing, so keep them coming.

Well... There's not much to criticize actually! Your PKGBUILDs generally looks really good.

A few minor details, just for the sake of it:

- Since python-pystray is not a split package anymore, the `package_python-pysystray()` function can be renamed to `package()` [1]. - Makepkg is now capable to generate checksums for git sources [2], so you could drop `_commit` custom variable in nginxbeautifier's PKGBUILD in favor of a `git+${url}.git#tag=${pkgver}` source to avoid eventual mistakes and ease maintenance [3].
- motion-git should provide motion (in additional of conflicting it) [4].
- The source renaming in unvpk-git's PKGBUILD (`source=("unvpk::git+$url.git")`) is redundant/useless as the source is already named that way [5]. - The source renamig in rvpk's PKGBUILD (`source=("$pkgname-$pkgver::$url/archive/refs/tags/v$pkgver.tar.gz")`) is missing the `.tar.gz` extension [6].

Once again, those are all minor details and the PKGBUILDs are generally all looking good!

Giovanni

Giovanni's great packaging knowledge and his high-quality Arch contributions are undeniable; and his goal to upstream them on Arch side is greatly appreciated.

I have no doubt Giovanni's would be a great addition to the team!

Thank you for your kind words and your detailed (and insightful) feedback on my packages. I'll incorporate the proposed changes :)

Giovanni