Hi,

It has been more than a month since this thread was active, and this thread is approaching 3 months old. I'm writing this to request an update about this duplicated package situation.

I hope those 2 requests[a][b] are dealt with sooner than later. Arch users generally use AUR, a community driven packaging effort. But this situation really let me, a packager feel upset. I understand the fact that PMs are really busy about moderation stuffs, but that doesn't mean 2 duplicated packages, as discussed above, can live so long without being taken down. What adds on top is one of the wechat-beta-bwrap maintainer's problematic statement at PRQ#57379, taking users' mislead votes as their power. Packaging such a proprietary software and sandbox requires efforts, and that isn't worth being invested by a packager when some random package can duplicate the original one and take the votes away.

Sorry for the noise there. Looking forward to an update.

--
Sincerely,
Kimiblock

[a]: